First post of the new year, 2018! Ahh, I’m so excited for this year! I have so many plans, and also a lot for this blog! I changed the lay-out (in case you haven’t noticed). And there also will be changes within blogposts too!
Now, I wanted to talk about five things I have learned in 2017. Let’s start!
- This might sound “cliche”, but it is just very true. And it has helped me a lot! And that is, that if you truly believe in yourself, you’re going to get it.
I’ve had some ups & downs, in the beginning of 2017. I’m human, we’re all human, and we all have moments in our lives, that can be hard. But we just gotta push through it. Because we have to believe that we’re strong!
And so I let myself believe that, if I really wanted to have something, I would actually get it.
And it happened! And since then, I’ve been more happier, gained more confidence and I actually truly started to love myself. Each and every day.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! 2017 was the year of me, that I finally took care of myself. Physically and mentally! Never put others before yourself. It’s so important to take care of yourself. Whether you’re dealing with stress because of school or work, or other things, take some time alone. Just because you’re alone, doesn’t mean you’re lonely. Treat yourself, have a spa day, read a book, meditate, go to the gym, etc, etc. Write down all your feelings, and start to notice what you can change (if they’re bad). Think of things that can change up your mood, and give you some positive vibes. Appreciate life and be grateful for that you’re alive! And really, just try to think of what you want to make happen in the future, that will make you happy. Set goals for yourself!
- Never rely on anyone but yourself. As I’ve said before, I’ve had my ups & downs last year, I lost my best friends, and I felt lost. Even though, now we do still remain as just friends. But what I’ve learned is that it made me so much stronger, and it also made me believe in myself more that I can make things happen on my own. Because why should I rely on someone for my happiness? It just doesn’t make any sense. I normally would always wait for people to come to me, to do things or have fun. But I waited and I waited, until I realized that I was wasting my time. Until I finally stood up for myself, I made plans for myself, the amount of time I went to work, and the amount of time I worked on my blog. I got a gym subscription, and worked out a lot! I ate healthier, and I was just really feeling myself. I gained so much confidence, and I tried new things out. Basically, life was good! At the end of it all, I’m happy all those things happened, because if they didn’t, I wouldn’t be the person I am today.
- Stop to compare your life with other people’s lives. This has always been such a thing for me to do. Until I realized it was kind of weird and crazy to do that. I mean, we’re totally different people, like, how can we be the same…? Just be yourself.
Try and find out what things you actually, genuinely like. And stop acting, you like something that you actually really hate. It’s dumb, don’t do it! And think of what you want to achieve with the things that you like. I mean, if you want a hot body like Candice Swanepoel, then work your ass off in the gym, and make sh*t happen! (Excuse my language). But just like Shia LaBeouf says, “Just Do it!” and make things happen!
- Last but not least, surround yourself with good people and positive vibes! I’ve made some new friends in 2017, that I’m very happy with. I have always been bad at being social. I could easily be a part of the “Anti-Social Club”.
But this year, I stepped out of my comfort zone, and I do things that I never thought I would’ve done by now. It’s like I became more social when meeting new people. And also, I’m starting to become more social now, every day. I met people that have the same passions as me. Like we both love fashion and study in fashion. We talk about things we like to watch or listen to, and talk about Stranger Things a lot, or talk about Taylor Swift’s or Kendrick Lamar’s albums and songs. And just those little moments, just make me really happy and enjoy life.
And I feel like it’s going to be a good year in 2018!
So those were the things I have learned in 2017! I hope everyone can learn from this, and know that there is so much out there, and to just bring out the best of yourselves!
2018, bring it on!